Frankly, My Dear, Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Big 10 - My Favorite Actresses

You must be wondering, "This girl obviously doesn't have anything to Blog about, because we already know her favorite actresses..." Well, check one more time! ;) I have listed five of my favorite actresses in the "My Favorite Actresses and Actors" tab. But there are a couple more I love, and so I thought I'd publish a list of my ten favorite actresses with my favorite movie roles of theirs, and post some videos too. 


So, here it is. I love most Old Hollywood actresses, but these are the ones I tend to watch the most of and really enjoy.

1. Lucille Ball


Favorite role: Bubbles in "Dance, Girl, Dance" (1940)
(the movie isn't all that great, but Lucy sure is and she has an awful lot of fun dancing away to glory!)

2. Ingrid Bergman


Favorite role: Alicia Huberman in "Notorious" (1946)

3. Natalie Wood


Favorite role: Alva Starr in "This Property is Condemned" (1966)

4. Grace Kelly


Favorite role: Lisa Carol Fermont in "Rear Window" (1954)
(couldn't find a clip of Grace Kelly in this - so had to settle for the trailer. Apologizes!)

5. Audrey Hepburn


Favorite role: Holly Golightly in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961)
(this was so hard to pick!)

6. Elizabeth Taylor


Favorite role: Leslie Benedict in "Giant" (1956)

7. Doris Day


Favorite role: Jan Marrow in "Pillow Talk" (1959)

8. Katharine Hepburn


Favorite role: Susan Vance in "Bringing up Baby" (1938)
(once again, I apologize for having to settle for the trailer)

9. Jean Arthur


Favorite role: Clarissa Saunders in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" (1939)

10. Sophia Loren 


Favorite role: Cinzia Zaccardi in "Houseboat" (1958)


Soon, I'll be posting a blog on my top ten actresses that I also enjoy, but haven't seen that many of their films yet and hope to see more. 

Ciao for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and appreciate them so much. Comments don't require moderator's approval but I will remove your comment if it is spam or offensive. Thank you.