Over all, though, this is going to be my last year in a school which I have pretty much been going to forever, so I guess I ought to enjoy it (and with all the perks that come from being on the top of the heap). I have a really nice homeroom teacher (she was my teacher last year and I was thrilled to pieces when I found out I'd have her for homeroom again), and even the same classroom because of that reason. My class is really tiny (just twelve of us. The Destructive Dozen??? The Dangerous Dozen??) , which I really like because we all know each other quite well and it's more of a little family then a class.
So, yeah. I'm not all that thrilled about going back, but if there is one good thing about back to school it is that FALL IS COMING! Okay, don't think ill of me, and and you'll probably be all, "Wow, Rianna's so weird" but fall (and winter - yes, winter too) are my favorite seasons. You may call me partial for liking the cold weather so much because I'm a February baby, but I don't do it to be different or anything - I actually love the fall and winter. I love all the sweaters and all the warm, fashionable coats and not to mention I have an obsession with boots. I love staying in on cold days with the leaves turning golden-red and watching an old movie or curling up with a book (and a cup of hot chocolate). Most of all, I love snow and I love Christmastime, which is my favorite time of the year (another reason for me to love fall/winter - all the holidays! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's... and my birthday, of course. ;]).
Well, call me crazy, but I love it. And so despite the fact it's still August, it's nearly September, which means only two weeks until fall, and yes I really do <3 it that much!
So, you've probably seen those kind of lists like "You know you're obsessed with Harry Potter" or insert any other kind of culture phenomenon like "Twilight" or whatever. I was disappointed to find that I could not find a list like that applying to "I Love Lucy" (hmph. Well. of course. What would you expect?).
But since I know so much about the show, I'm like why not write one myself? Brilliant! So... here it is. If you have watched all the episodes you ought to understand all of them, if you're more of a casual fan you'll understand most but perhaps not all. Anyway, I hope it makes sense... and I hope you enjoy ;)
YOU KNOW YOU'RE OBSESSED WITH "I LOVE LUCY" WHEN...
- Whenever you see a golf game or someone watching golf you feel the great urge to tell out, "Dormie!"
- You randomly find yourself saying "dun't" instead of "don't."
- You often find yourself sawing "dawnsy" when someone asks you, "How are you feeling?"
- The word "Tropicana" does not evoke thoughts of orange juice, but more appropriately, a nightclub.
- You find that you can sing along to every Ricky Ricardo song word for word.
- Whenever you hear a saxophone playing it sounds like "Glo Worm" to you, even if it isn't.
- "I tippy tippy toed through my garden..."
- You keep waiting for "Real Gone With the Wind" to come out.
- The last name "McGuilicuddy" holds a special place in your heart.
- The names "Flo Pauline Lopos", "Marian Strong", "Carlotta Romero" and "Joe Harris" all sound familiar to you.
- You teared up when Lucy and Ricky cried at the end of Ricky's "We're Having a Baby, My Baby and Me".
- You have always wanted to stomp grapes with your feet.
- You have ever wanted a bottle of "Vitavetavegamin."
- Forget about Tennessee Williams; it's Tennessee Ernie.
- "623 East 68th Street, Apartment 3D" is more than just an address to you. (If this address was real, then the Ricardos and Mertzes would be living in the East River!)
- You know how to speak Martian.
- "The time has come" sounds really familiar.
- You always wonder who the real Madame X was.
- Lucy Ricardo wasn't born in Jamestown, New York. She was born in West Jamestown (which, in reality, does not exist).
- The words "hatchet" and "water cress" go together.
- Stealing John Wayne's footprints from Grumman's Chinese Theater makes a lot of sense to you.
- When you think of a nightclub, you do not think of dimly lit lounges with techno music pulsing through it, but Club Babalu.
- "Black lace blue jeans" rings a bell.
- You know all the lyrics and the dance steps to Lucy and Van Johnson's "How About You?"
- You stopped subscribing to TV Guide when they put "I Love Lucy" second on their list of "The Greatest TV Shows of All Time."
I hope you enjoyed my little list. I had fun making it, and if it gets a good response I may do more editions in the future or similar lists with different obsessions. ;)