Frankly, My Dear, Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Old Hollywood Celebrities and Their Children: A Lookalike Contest

Hi everyone,

Today, as promised, will be a lookalike contest. What is this? Don't understand? Basically, I have chosen five celebrities (based on the grounds of who were most eligible for this contest to begin with, and the available of photos of the celebrity's offspring) and their children. The contest will be which offspring looks most like their celebrity parent. For example: you have parent A and child A, then parent B and child B. Do A and A look more like each other than B and B do? It sounds a little confusing, I suppose - and I can't explain it very well, I guess - but you ought to understand as you read on.

Here are the contestants:

Ingrid Bergman and Isabella Rossellini
Grace Kelly and Princess Caroline of Monaco
Lucille Ball and Lucie Arnaz
Judy Garland and Liza Minelli


FOURTH PLACE

Grace Kelly and Princess Caroline of Monaco
(or "The Two Princesses")


Really, none of Grace's three children - Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie, and Prince Albert - look anything like her. They don't even look that much like their father, so you can't really tell who they went on. I chose Caroline for the contest because she seemed the most eligible out of the three. Still, she doesn't look much like Grace at all. If anything, she seems to have inherited some of Grace's polish, as the "Vogue" cover shows. So though she can act like her mother, she simply doesn't look like her.

THIRD PLACE

Lucille Ball and Lucie Arnaz
(or "The Two Lucys")


Yeah, I never saw an resemblance here either. Lucie looks a lot like her father, and so does her brother, Desi, Jr. I guess if you squint you can see some resemblance.... but truthfully, if I had seen her as some random woman on the street - and I wasn't a Lucy fan so I wouldn't have recognized her - I would never say, "He,y, she looks like Lucille Ball!" I wouldn't.

SECOND PLACE

Judy Garland and Liza Minnelli
(or.... no, I've got nothing on this ;])


Yep, I never really thought they looked alike.... and then I saw the above picture, and I was like, "Whoa!" I mean, I always thought Liza looked a lot like her dad (director Vincent Minnelli) but after seeing that picture, I came to the conclusion that they were quite worthy of second place. Judy, Judy, Judy...

FIRST PLACE (drumroll please....)

Ingrid Bergman and Isabella Rossellini
(or, uhm, the winners?)


I swear to God, they are like twins. Seriously, they can be mirror images of each other. I mean, maybe not the old Ingrid and today's Isabella, but the ages they are in the photo above. Of it, Isabella said something along the lines of, "I've got my mother's features, but an Italian expression." Maybe so, but there's no denying the resemblance  And if that isn't enough proof.... look at this:





 That is Isabella spoofing her mother's Ilsa Lund ("Casablanca") image in an episode of "Tales from the Crypt" entitled "You, Murderer." The resemblance is uncanny!

Well, that's it for today, but I'm thinking of doing a little "Switched at Birth" segment tomorrow for a follow up! Whaddya think?

Ciao!


1 comments:

Admin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and appreciate them so much. Comments don't require moderator's approval but I will remove your comment if it is spam or offensive. Thank you.